Monday, October 25, 2010

For those of you who don’t know me, I am a Percussionist who has worked in LA since 1978.   I graduated from Hartt School of Music and Yale University School of Music. I fell in love with Los Angeles after a visit and an audition for Frank Zappa. I didn’t get the Zappa gig, but I did decide to move here and join a fantastic group of musicians -- many of whom have become great friends.  I perform with many orchestras in LA and Orange Counties, as well as Theater, Motion Picture and TV recording.  Along the way, I also got involved in Local 47 as an activist during the strike of 1980.  I had an opportunity to organize with many committed musicians who were working hard to create better working conditions.   I believe our Musicians’ Union is at its best when we organize from within and get active.

I have served as a Trustee since 2006.  The Executive Board is made up of the 3 Titled Officers, 6 Directors, and 3 Trustees.  The Trustees have the extra responsibility of taking care of Local 47’s investments.  I am happy to say our investments are insured, protected, and safe. In addition, I serve as a member of the Wage Scale  and Legislative Committees.

In this election, I am running with 2 of my colleagues.  Paul Castillo is a valuable Trustee and Greg Huckins has been a committed Director since 2004.  Together, we are a working team that always looks out for our colleagues. We come to Board meetings each week with input from members and consistently try to help with those work place issues that affect our ability to perform at our highest level.

Please feel free to email us with any input or questions.

Please take a minute to send in an absentee ballot request or come to the Union on Dec. 14th to vote in person.

Your vote makes a difference. Your vote counts.